The branch library is housed in the Local History & Genealogy room at the Richmond Hill Central Library located at:
1 Atkinson Street
(corner of Major Mackenzie & Yonge)
The Local History & Genealogy room is open the same hours as the library but currently closed on Sundays.
The branch holdings include:
- Over 700 books, Including references, indexes, histories, genealogies, transcriptions, registers, lineages, and more.
- The book collection is accessible by searching the Richmond Hill Public Library Catalogue. Call numbers end in “OGS” and the material is shelved in a separate area facing the east wall. OGS material is for reference use only, and does not circulate.
- Newsletters (OGS, Canadian and International)
- York Region Cemetery Transcriptions
- York Region Places of Worship Records
- Ancestors Index to the Branch Newsletter Ancestors. The newsletter is sent out to each Branch member on a regular basis and copies are available in the Branch library. Now updated to include 2017. To search this file, please download it, and view in adobe acrobat. Then push cntrl F on your computer to bring up the search bar.