The branch library is housed in the Local History & Genealogy room at the Richmond Hill Central Library located at 1 Atkinson Street (corner of Major Mackenzie & Yonge), Richmond Hill. Hours are Mon-Thurs. 10-9; Fri. 1-6; Sat. 10-5; Sun. 12-5 (Local History & Genealogy room closed on Sundays).
The branch holdings include:
- Over 700 books, Including references, indexes, histories, genealogies, transcriptions, registers, lineages, and more. The book collection is accessible by searching the Richmond Hill Public Library Catalogue. Call numbers end in “OGS”. and the material is shelved in a separate area facing the east wall. OGS material is for reference use only, and does not circulate.
- Newsletters (OGS, Canadian and International)
- York Region Cemetery Transcriptions
- York Region Places of Worship Records
- Ancestors Index to the Branch Newsletter Ancestors. The newsletter is sent out to each Branch member on a regular basis and copies are available in the Branch library. Now updated to include 2017. To search this file, please download it, and view in adobe acrobat. Then push cntrl F on your computer to bring up the search bar.